Provides extraction of Site Column and Content Types to feature.xml and manifest.xml allowing a configuration driven approach to Content Type development, then easily extract the necessary schema meta-data into Xml files to be included in your Solution Packages
The purpose is to provide developers a rapid approach to extracting feature and manifest Xml for Site Columns and Content Types using a simple Graphical UI.
This utility is based loosely upon Andrew Connell's stsadm extensions http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/articles/MossStsadmWcmCommands.aspx
that provide for extraction of to xml for site columns and content types.
Additional information on starting a new project is available here: Project Startup Guide
* Visual Studio 2008
* .NET Framework 3.5
* SharePoint.dll (for reference in the project)Feature / Capabilities
- Provide UI point and click of Site Column and Content Types
- Enumerate and list Site Columns, Content Types
- Filter by Group Name to aid selection
- Selective generation of Fields and Content Type Schema